Sunday, October 23, 2011

Drinks for the Drinking Nonthusiast: Rogue's Dead Guy Ale

The Contestant:
Rogue's Dead Guy Ale
Their website


The Review:
So I went out to eat with some friends, and decided to pick a random beer from the drinks menu!

What are you're initial thoughts?
Well, considering I had no idea what I had ordered, I was pleasantly surprised!  This beer is pretty delicious, if I do say so myself.  It has a distinct hoppy flavor (think bitter if you don't know what hops taste like), although it is not incredibly strong in that respect, like an IPA would be.  It was perfect with my fajita quesadillas.

How's the price?
I believe I paid about $5 for a pint, which of course is more than I would like to pay for beer, but since I was eating out, I was willing to pay for it.  I assume a 6-pack is a bit more reasonably priced.

Would you ever buy this again?
Most definitely!  I am thinking about picking up a 6-pack when I am out of the beer I have already, or maybe trying another style from Rogue.  (I've had their Chocolate Stout before and if you like a rich chocolate flavor, I suggest it!)  I will have to see what the local liquor store has in stock!  In any case, the name alone makes Dead Guy Ale appropriate for a Halloween gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment