Sunday, October 2, 2011

Adventures in Homebrewing: Episode I

First off, sorry for the long silence.  School started back up and I haven't had time to keep up with this on top of my classwork!  Hopefully, I will do better now *crosses fingers*


So I am planning on doing some homebrewing in the next few months.  I bought a book, How to Brew by John Palmer, that will hopefully fill in the holes where a brewing kit instruction might lack.  I actually found the entire book online for free, but I am a traditionalist when it comes to reading so I chose to buy it.  Also I figured it would be handy to have in the kitchen with me when I actually start brewing!

Now then, I have only read the quickstart chapters, but I don't feel prepared to lay down the money on a kit yet (probably around $60-$80 US), so I'm going to read the rest of the book (or just most of it) before I spend any more money!  (Also I hope my parents buy me a kit for my birthday in a month!)

If any of you are homebrewers, any tips would be appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment