Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Makeup for the Lazy Girl or Guy: Intro and Milani Eyeliner

First off, let me explain to you, dear reader, how this kind of review will work and why I am doing it.  I love makeup, but I am a lazy girl when it comes to applying makeup.  I don't want to spend a long time on my makeup and I don't want to wear too much caked on my face.  I don't want to have to reapply my makeup throughout the day.  I want makeup that stands up to the test of my day in class and in the Florida heat.  I don't want to spend money out the butt for my makeup either, so expect drug store quality at best.  So now on to the review!

The Contestant:
Milani Infinite Liquite Eyeliner in infinite (blue)
Photo from Milani's website
The Review:
Is it long lasting?
Oh man, is this stuff long lasting.  They advertise it as "up to 24 hour wear," but I say it lasts much longer and through rough conditions.  I put this on in the morning and in the evening it hasn't even so much as smudged in the humid, sweat-creating Florida summer weather.  Now, I am good about taking off my eye makeup before bed (most nights XD), but this eyeliner fights to be removed.  Even with my makeup remover, this eyeliner wants to stay in place.  I have to literally scrub to get most of it off. In the morning there are always flecks still clinging to my eyelashes.  If you don't like it that long lasting, then this eyeliner isn't for you.  But if you're like me and would rather go into battle knowing your eyeliner isn't going to run with your sweat, then I highly recommend this eyeliner.

How does it feel?
This eyeliner is a bit thicker than most eyeliners I've used, but that must have something to do with its staying power.  It feels rather goopy when you first apply it, but it dries nicely and I forget that I am even wearing it unless I catch a glimpse of shiny blue out of the corner of my eye.  When I apply it (although I'm not the best makeup arteest) it can be a bit messy and always seems to end up in my eyelashes.  The applicator brush is a bit long and flimsy-feeling, not necessarily cheap, but it definitely requires a soft touch when applying so you don't get a huge messy line.  I've gotten used to it now, but I would rather it have a more sturdy tip like my other liquid eyeliners.


How about the price and where to buy?
The whole reason I tried this eyeliner to begin with was because of the price. (Although I will admit, I really like Milani's nail polish which swayed my purchase, but this was the first makeup I've tried from them)  I can't remember how much I payed for this eyeliner since it was a few weeks ago, but it was no more than $5, if even that.  I tend to buy my makeup from the local grocery store (Publix if you live in Florida) because makeup is a horrible (amazing) impulse buy for me, so I don't know where else you can get it.  When I bought this eyeliner, it was the first time I saw Milani's other products besides their nail polish (which I see everywhere).  They seem to make a niche for themselves with the bright, inexpensive products that I like, so expect to see more reviews of them soon.

Would you buy again?
YES.  I am planning on buying the rest of the colors they offer, because I need them in my life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment