Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Makeup for the Lazy Girl or Guy: E.L.F. Eyeshadow and Today's Makeup

Sorry for the nonpost yesterday, I was building a fort and playing N64 in my living room with my roommates!


The Contestant:
E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color in punk funk (white, blue, purple, pink)

The Review:
How vibrant are the colors?
I was a bit surprised, these colors turn out really bright when you first put them on.  I haven't used the white color yet, and I probably won't, but I mainly bought this for the pink anyway.   They all have glitter in them, which is a lot of fun, and another surprise (I guess I don't look close enough before I buy!).  The glitter does get a bit annoying and sometimes I feel like it is a bit too childish, but most of the time I put in on and say "I sparkle!!" in an excited voice.  In all honesty, the glitter doesn't seem to be too noticeable when you look at it, but sometimes the glitter gets in my eyelashes and that's all I see.  The picture of my face at the bottom shows the eyeshadow in natural morning light.

Is it long lasting?
I have a difficult time getting any eyeshadow to last in the humid weather we have here.  I don't think this eyeshadow lasts any longer or any shorter than any other eyeshadow I own. It certainly doesn't stand out from the rest as far as being long lasting.  

How does it feel?
Besides the glitter getting into my eyelashes upon occasion, I really like this eyeshadow.  It's soft and easy to apply to get that vivid color I so like.  Once again though, it doesn't really stand out as feeling amazing or terrible on my skin.  I tend to just forget about it when I'm wearing it, which I guess is the point of good makeup!

How about the price and wear to buy?
The price is certainly reasonable; I picked up this eyeshadow for only a dollar at the local drug store.  I wasn't going to buy any makeup that day, but being a terrible impulse shopper, I couldn't say no to a dollar for possibly amazing eyeshadow.  I've seen the E.L.F. brand all over the place, as far as where to buy.  I don't think I can go to a store and not find this makeup.  A store might not have all of the colors, especially Punk Funk since it seems to be their only really bright color, but the other colors don't seem too dull that I would pass over them.

Would you buy again?
Most definitely!  There are a couple of other colors I want to try out, and for the inexpensive price, I can't really talk myself out of it.  Although I am wary about the company's other products (I have a really awful jar of nail polish remover pads from them), the eyeshadow is worth checking out.  

Today's (Sunday's) Makeup:
still gotta learn how to take the perfect makeup pic!
Today's makeup inspired me to write up this review because it was only the second time I use the E.L.F. eyeshadow. I decided to "tone down" the pink with purple at the edges.  I think it made the pink a but more mature for the morning at church.  And I had my standard flippy eyeliner wings, but you can't really tell in the picture.  I'm wearing:
E.L.F. Eyeshadow in punk funk 
Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeliner in blackest black
Maybelline XXL Mascara in black(?)  (bought really cheap from Bealls Outlet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment